Senior Lecturer / Lecturer in Periodontology (Honorary Consultant)
The Faculty of Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences is the largest, most influential centre of excellence in the UK for oral and dental research, with an outstanding record of quality assurance in learning and teaching. The faculty’s international reputation is reflected by our ranking of 2nd in the QS World University Rankings for Dentistry 2019.
We are now seeking to recruit a clinical academic (HCC) in Periodontology. In making new appointments to its exceptional academic staff, the faculty seeks to attract and appoint outstanding individuals capable of making important, new contributions to the success of the faculty, maintaining its considerable momentum at the cutting edge of oral health sciences. The successful applicant will therefore play a full role in the teaching of Periodontology for undergraduate and postgraduate specialty training programmes and will be expected to be involved in a research programme in the fields of host- microbial interactions, perio-systemic interactions and clinical research, or other topics in line with our research priorities.
The appointment will be made on the Clinical Academic (Honorary Consultant) salary scale according to seniority. An Honorary Consultant Contract will be sought from Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust for the successful applicant.
Further details are available on the College’s website at www.kcl.ac.uk/hr/jobs. All correspondence should clearly state the job title and reference number.
For an informal discussion to find out more about the role, Luigi Nibali, Professor of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences, King’s College London: email@example.com
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent .
- Undertaking research complementary to the overall research strategy of the academic Centre, broader Faculty and Kings Health Partners (KHP) Dental CAG and at a level commensurate to a KCL Senior Lecturer appointment.
- Delivery of high-quality teaching within the discipline of Periodontology to Undergraduate and Postgraduates students of Kings College London.
- Providing outstanding patient care in line with expected standards of clinical delivery.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Full GDC registration with licence to practice and eligible for entry on Specialist Register for Restorative Dentistry and / or Periodontology, or within 6 months
- PhD or equivalent
- Specialty training in periodontology
- Demonstrable evidence of competitive and externally funded research at a level commensurate with a senior clinical lecturer appointment
- Sound knowledge of research methodologies and governance requirements
- Experience of multidisciplinary clinical audit and demonstrable commitment to improving quality of care for patients
- The ability to develop and lead a solid programme of research
- Experience of advanced clinical procedures in periodontology eg. regenerative and mucogingival procedures
- Experience of teaching and clinical supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students and supervision of research students
- Experience of developing and leading research projects; securing grant income and supervising trainees in their research
- Experience of management of junior staff
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Knowledge of different types of educational approaches for delivery of curricula
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service and Occupational Health clearance.