Regional Startup Advisor and Mentor, Manager
Regional Startup Advisor & Mentor, 1-Year Contract (Manager)
The SUSS (Singapore University of Social Services) Office of Career Development, Entrepreneurship Team, is seeking a Regional Advisor and Startup Mentor (Entrepreneurship). The successful candidate will be involved the following:
- business advisory for student startups to support them with introductions to potential clients and business partners
- design and drive start up incubation/acceleration and other support programmes
- development of overseas partnerships to expand the universities’ entrepreneurship offerings in ASEAN, China and India, in particular the regional Impact Startup Challenges and regional Venture Builder.
- development and facilitation of entrepreneurship related programmes.
- engagement of corporations, organisations and institutions to strengthen academic-industry relations and to identify partnership opportunities for SUSS entrepreneurship programme.
- Provide teaching and mentoring for entrepreneurial students
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about entrepreneurship; have awareness of current and emerging practices in the startup industry; are committed to help expand entrepreneurship offerings to ASEAN and China; have a keen interest in preparing and supporting young aspiring entrepreneurs and student startups; and are able to build long-term strategic partnerships.
Candidates should be intellectually nimble; have an eye for collaborative possibilities; and the ability to tackle challenging situations with finesse and determination. A willingness to travel is also expected.
- Advise and guide student startups and provide introductions for commercialization.
- Develop regional strategic partnerships.
- Develop and facilitate entrepreneurship related programmes.
- Engage and manage relationships with appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist in the overseas expansion of the universities’ offerings to ASEAN, China and India.
- Assist in mentoring and teaching of entrepreneurial students.
- Undertake secondary appointments or duties in SUSS as required.
- Degree holder with at least 5-10 years of professional experience. Experience in a startup or as entrepreneur will be useful.
- Analytical with strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Intellectually inquisitive; with a good awareness of current and global affairs.
- Driven, organized and detail-oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Able to travel as required.