Research Assistant, Patient Recruitment
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant in the Department of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The department of Surgery is a family of 14 sub-specialities that next to excellent clinical care, train, teach and develop new clinical care from bench to bed (http://medicine.nus.edu.sg/medsur/). Appointments will be made on a 1 year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension to 2 years.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the trial on time. The RA’s principal role will be work in general practices such as recruitment, data collection, data entry and analysis.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Liaise and communicate with all team members of the research projects to ensure smooth running of the project.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to research projects, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and procurement of materials.
- Closely involved in patient/volunteer recruitment, coordination and follow‐up for clinical studies.
- Assist and facilitate data analysis, preparation, presentation and publication of research data, including reports to ethics board, scientific conferences, and journal publication.
- Assist clinical study database formation, data collection.
- Maintain the grant budgets and monitor expenditures, preparing reports as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain study databases for retrospective research studies.
- Support the Principal Investigator in other research and administrative duties when required.
The applicant should:
- Have a degree in a field related to nursing, medical, biomedical background or related disciplines; preferably with some experience in healthcare/life science industry or research; phlebotomy certification is an added advantage.
- Be a highly motivated fast-learner and attention to detail;
- possess good interpersonal and communication skills, able to work independently and in a team;
- Have knowledge of systems and software applications, e.g. MS Office, and statistical software, e.g. Excel, SPSS.
- Be able to converse fluently in English. Ability to speak Mandarin, Malay and other local dialects is an added advantage.
- Salary and benefits will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Surgery
Employee Referral Eligible: No