Research Assistant Professor, Educational Studies/Early Childhood Education
Established by the Hong Kong Government in 1989, The Open University of Hong Kong today is the largest self-financing university in Hong Kong and has developed into a dynamic, innovative, full-fledged university comprising 6 Schools.
The University has been offering full-time programmes since 2001 and joined the Joint University Programmes Admission System (JUPAS) since 2007. Currently, the University offers about 200 programmes of studies with around 10,000 full-time undergraduates and 1,000 postgraduates, and more than 8,000 part-time students in its 5 Schools namely School of Arts and Social Sciences, Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration, School of Education and Languages, School of Nursing and Health Studies and School of Science and Technology. In addition, there are more than 2,000 full-time and 2,000 part-time students studying in Li Ka Shing School of Professional and Continuing Education (LiPACE).
The University strives to provide high quality and flexible university education at various levels, and to excel as a provider of higher education. Our full-time programmes for qualified secondary school leavers are on par with other established universities across Hong Kong. We are committed to advancing learning, knowledge, and research that meet students’ learning aspirations and society’s talent needs, focusing on practical and professional programmes. As a multi-mode university, we use innovative teaching and the latest education technology to offer world class education, guided by our core values of fairness, integrity, perseverance, and innovation.
We are now inviting applications for the following post in the School of Education and Languages:
Research Assistant Professor(Educational Studies/Early Childhood Education)(Ref:21000LE)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee shall mainly be responsible for the following:
- devising research proposals to seek funding support from publicly/government-funded schemes (e.g. Faculty Development Scheme by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council Funding Applications 2021), as well as participating in relevant research projects;
- publishing and disseminating research outputs in international-refereed journals and conferences; and
- developing, and offering undergraduate or postgraduate courses (including online, face-to-face and distance learning modes).
Applicants are expected to possess the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- an earned doctorate in area of educational studies/early childhood education;
- expert knowledge in educational studies/ early childhood education;
- a record of grant application, research and peer-reviewed publications;
- good organization, presentation and interpersonal skills; and
- good command of English and Chinese.
Competitive compensation package including basic salary, end-of-contract gratuity and discretionary incentive (if any) will be offered to the right candidate.Fringe benefits such as generous annual leave, staff learning and development sponsorship, medical & dental benefits and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Application should be made online through the University’s eRecruitment System: https://ouhk.taleo.net/careersection/ex_full_time/jobapply.ftl?lang=en&job=21000LE
Deadline: 10 May 2021