Seeking a Research Officer with clinical trials experience to support a range of clinical research studies at ALERT.
- Salary Package: From the pro-rata equivalent of $75,400 to $85,728 p.a. (HEW Level 5), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Part time (21 hours per week), fixed term position for 2 years.
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
The Australian Lymphoedema Education, Research and Treatment (ALERT) program is seeking a Research Officer to support the treatment and research arms of the program. In this role you will attend the weekly Diagnostic, Conservative and Surgical clinics (Thursdays and Fridays) to take limb volume measurements and photograph all patients attending the clinic. You will also be expected to collect, input and maintain this data in Odyssey and the ALERT Databank.
You will be an empathetic, organised individual with experience in research administration. You will be able to work independently and as part of a committed team of research staff. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a keen attention to detail. You will possess excellent skills in the Microsoft Office suite and have experience in working with online database systems and data analysis software.
The Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences is ambitiously pushing the boundaries of progressive thinking and challenging what’s possible to solve some of the big issues of our time, both nationally and on a global scale. The Faculty forms part of MQ Health, an integrated academic health sciences enterprise which incorporates Macquarie University Hospital and primary and speciality clinics. We have active research programs in neurosciences (especially motor neuron disease, neurological rehabilitation and the clinical neuroscience of pain), cancer medicine, and vascular science, amongst others. Our Faculty hosts the Australian Institute of Health Innovation (AIHI), an internationally acclaimed powerhouse researching health systems, e-health and patient safety.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter (1 to 2-page) addressing the selection criteria below in one file attachment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in nursing, allied health, data management or health-related discipline
- Demonstrated patient-centred philosophy with commitment to the principles of confidentiality, discretion and respect
- Demonstrated experience in research administration.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multidisciplinary medical and research team (including recruitment, assessment and follow-up of participants).
- Good Clinical Practice experience and/or GCP certification.
- Demonstrated excellence in electronic data entry and information management systems along with the knowledge of EMRs and paper medical records.
- Demonstrated excellence in computer skills including MS Office and internet.
- Experience in managing a clinical trial (desirable).
- Knowledge and experience working with patients at risk of or living with lymphoedema and cancer(desirable).
- Ability to work independently and autonomously on a research project(desirable).
Specific Role Enquiries: Louise Koelmeyer, ALERT Director at email@example.com.
General Enquiries: Rohana Nagarajah, HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: Thursday, 29 April 2021 at 11:55 pm
Given current Australian Government COVID-19 border restrictions applications for this position are only being accepted from Australian citizens or permanent residents or people currently residing in Australia with full working rights.
If you're already part of the Macquarie Group (MQ University, U@MQ, MQ Health, MGSM), you'll need to apply through your employee Workday account. To apply for this job: Login to Workday and go to the Careers App > Find Jobs.
Equity & Diversity Statement
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.