Research Assistant, Lifelong Education for Aging Productively in Singapore
6 days left
- Full Time
Research Assistant Position available for Project on
“Lifelong Education for Aging Productively (LEAP) in Singapore"
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable full-time Research Assistant for the above project at the Centre for Family and Population Research, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), National University of Singapore (NUS). The appointment is tenable for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of renewal.
Background info on the project
The rapid population aging in Singapore calls for innovative solutions to enhance the human capital of a population to ensure the nation’s economic growth and social development. The project aims to illustrate the potential of a developmental strategy for the greying Singapore that concentrates on the promotion of productive aging through encouraging lifelong learning, economic activeness and social participation among older adults.
Invitation to apply
Interested applicants are invited to send in their application package and include the following:
- Cover letter and Resume (outlining interest, qualifications, expected salary, and publications, if any);
- Copies of degree scrolls and transcript of grades;
- Three official referral letters
Review of applications will start till the position is filled. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified via email. For more information, please visit our website: https://fass.nus.edu.sg/cfpr/
The Research Assistant is expected to provide research support and has administrative responsibility for the project with Associate Professor Feng Qiushi (Sociology/CFPR) as the Principal Investigator (PI).
The duties will include the following:
- Assist PI with administrative coordination for the project;
- Assist PI with literature review, questionnaire design, data analysis;
- Ensure data collection complies with the required guidelines, such as research ethics;
- Proficiency in Malay and Tamil is preferred;
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences or Statistics;
- Strong quantitative research skills;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Strong organizational skill and interpersonal skills;
- Previous research experience in aging-related research projects is preferred;
- Previous involvements with surveys or in-depth interviews is preferred
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Arts & Social Sciences
Department: Dean's Office (Arts & Social Sc.)
Employee Referral Eligible: No