Research Fellow, Health Data Specialist
Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research
Liver Cancer Collaborative (LCC)
- Join a multidisciplinary team of scientists and researcher who have come together to investigate hepatocellular carcinoma
- Full time, fixed term appointment for 2 years
- Salary range: Level B; $102,983 - $121,864 p.a. plus employer contributed superannuation of 17%
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Liver Cancer Collaborative (LCC) is a multidisciplinary team from UWA, the Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research, Curtin University-CHIRI, Murdoch and ECU. The team comprises Perth’s three main teaching hospitals as well as interstate and international collaborators. These include hepatologists, radiologists, pathologists, liver cancer researchers, genomic scientists, computational biologists, immunologists, data and software experts, and community members which has come together to investigate hepatocellular carcinoma.
About the opportunity
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the project management team and key stakeholders in defining, creating and implementing database and data portal capabilities for the LCC. You will responsible with tasks including data advice and management, making arrangements for stakeholder communications, technical support, and collaborative workshops/training events and as required.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency in a relevant discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology, Health Informatics, data intensive research or data management)
- Proven technical skills in one or more of the following areas: database design, database modelling, data management, in relational and/or noSQL platforms
- Proven technical skills in one or more of the following areas: data integration, cloud computing or providing IT based solutions
- The ability to organise and present information, views and concepts both verbal and written, in concise, understandable and interesting formats for a variety of audiences, including non-IT specialists
- Put into practice a DevOps approach to code development and documentation and taking ownership of these tasks to ensure the final outcomes are of the highest quality and complies with the organisations policies, procedures and funding requirements
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Please see the position description prior to applying.
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: Wednesday, 5 May 2021
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.