Research Fellow, Modelling and Simulation
6 days left
- Full Time
- Collaborating with partners from both the academia and the industry to lead and/or conduct innovative research on, but not limited to the following topics: -
- Development of Simulation and Optimization Platform for Port Operations.
- Sea Channel Capacity Study.
- Impact of Terminal Disruptions.
- Optimization and Scheduling of AGV Battery Related Problems.
- Yard Storage Management Strategies.
- Yard Layout Design Concepts.
- Performance Analysis of Future Automation Systems.
- Traffic Analysis for Inter-Finger Flows within Multi-Terminal Port.
- Capacity Analysis of Terminal-Land Gateway Systems.
- Traffic Impact Assessment for Inter-Terminal Movement.
- Contribute to academic research in the relevant domains, and publish high-tier journal papers and conference papers.
- Lead student projects and industrial projects with implementable outcomes.
- Respond to the deliverables of research and industrial projects.
- A PhD degree or to be graduated with PhD degree in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics and Mathematics, or in other relevant science and engineering disciplines.
- Outstanding data analytics, mathematical, and computer modelling skills.
- Outstanding academic/publication records.
- Proficient in communication and academic writing.
- Self-driven and strong team spirit. Preferred Skills
- Good knowledge on the following subjects: -
- Land/Maritime and Port Logistics and Transportation, Supply Chain Network, Manufacturing.
- Simulation Modelling.
- Statistical Modelling.
- Data Mining and Analytics.
- Optimisation and Heuristics Algorithm Development.
- C#/JAVA/Python/R/MySQL Programming.
- Machine Learning.
- High-tier journal publication potential.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Industrial Systems Engineering And Management