Research Fellow, Science of Prescriptive Analytics
4 days left
- Full Time
Research fellow position in the area of Science of Prescriptive Analytics (SPA) is available at the Institute of Operations Research and Analytics (IORA), National University of Singapore. The position is available immediately.
The candidate will be knowledgeable in the state of the art in Analytics / Operations Research and obsessed with pushing the frontier of theory and application of SPA. They will be skilled at bridging theoretical ideas to practice by drawing inspiration from diverse areas of study such as large-scale conic optimization, SDP, SOCP, ML and apply the techniques to solving industry scale problems. They will work closely with leading experts in this field and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The candidate will contribute towards the institute goals in one or more of the following areas:
- Developing new solvers/algorithms, primarily on large scale conic optimization, SDP, SOCP, etc.
- Developing a platform for rapid deployment of models, algebraic modelling of robust stochastic optimization problems, Online optimization, etc.
- Developing applications dealing with time dependent routing & inventory management under uncertainty for transportation / logistics.
- Implementing models on capacity / resource allocation under uncertainty and dealing with multiple KPIs.
- Integrating machine learning and convex optimization for planning and clustering problems.
The candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with a world class research team led by PIs from Business, Math & Engineering faculties and other industry partners.
The candidate should have a PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or in other relevant science and engineering disciplines. They should have outstanding data analytics, mathematical, and computer modelling skills and also be an efficient programmer with an understanding of handling large data sets.
The candidate shall possess good knowledge on a few or more of the following:
- Optimisation and Heuristics
- Algorithm Development
- Programming in Matlab / Python / R / MySQL
- Multi-threaded / Parallel computing.
- Applied Machine Learning