Research Assistant, Biomedical
- Work with Principle Investigator/s in conducting of Clinical research projects, data and specimen collection adhere to protocol.
- Assist PI in patient contact (telecommunication, in-person interaction, etc)
- Perform Home visits (to collect specimens/ home dust from research participants)
- Comfortable with pet animal (e.g. cats/ dogs)
- Assist in project budget and finance.
- Assist PI in grant reports - editing and reviewing
- Administrative duties and logistic work (e.g. organising meetings, liaising with other teams or departments for necessary materials and work)
- Perform laboratory work according to strict methodologies.
- Coordinate laboratory operational activities through managing laboratory and sample inventories, establishing laboratory procedures and organisation of laboratory consumables.
- Work with Laboratory Safety Lead to ensure laboratory safety and maintain safety documentation and procedures
- Meticulous and attention to detail
- Proactive and able to work independently in a corporate as well as laboratory setting
- Work collaboratively with other research groups
- Critical thinking and systematic problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Proficient in English; Bilingual candidates are preferred (e.g. Mandarin)
- Keen interest in scientific literature, keeps up to date with relevant research publications
- Experience in laboratory research and molecular biology techniques will be advantageous.
- Well-organized and able to clearly summarize and present information and data obtained.
- Skilled in MS Office programs; Data-entry abled
- Bachelors or Masters in Life Sciences/ Biological Science/ Biomedical Science or related fields. Biomedical related degree
- Grant or report writing experience and experience of coordinating research projects also are valuable.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No