Research Engineer, Living Analytics Research Centre
- Bachelor Degree | Masters
- Singapore | Closing On 19 May 2021
contract till 31 Mar 2022
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Collect and extract data for research purposes.
- Gather requirements from project partners through discussions and correspondence.
- Develop, design and implement research prototypes and test-bed systems to achieve project requirements and targets, as well as to showcase the centre’s analytics capabilities.
- Showcase LARC projects at events.
- Assist other researchers to collect and extract relevant data for research purposes.
- Bachelor/ Master Degree in Computer Science or relevant disciplines
- Good knowledge of Databases, Data Mining, Distributed Computing, Operating Systems
- Proficient in at least one or more of these programming languages: Java, Python, C#, C++, C
- Experience in the following technologies will be beneficial:
- Apache Storm
- MySQL, Postgresql
- Tomcat, NodeJS, Apache, Nginx and Xampp
- Linux Environment (CentOS 6.x, Ubuntu 14.x), Bash Scripting
- Virtualization (VMWare, KVM, Vagrant, Docker)
- GPU Computing and Deep Learning
- Self-motivated and able to carry out tasks independently
- Excellent team player and possess strong inter-personal skills