Junior Systems Developer
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will develop the software and tools to help TEDI-London deliver online products and services based on user needs and business objectives.
We take a product management approach to our digital delivery at TEDI-London so you will likely be working on multiple initiatives at any one time.
You will be used to prioritising your workload and be an effective communicator, ensuring that stakeholders are kept up to date with progress. You will need to be willing to adapt and learn with us, as we continue to design and develop solutions for our staff and students.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new and refine existing online functionality of TEDI-London website and student systems and apps
- Assist with the maintenance and support of existing and new online functionality and web applications
- Communicate with stakeholders and manage bugs and issues across TEDI-London digital products
- Provide development and configuration support for TEDI-London digital products to support students, staff and alumni
- Develop and build within an established and shared web development environment using checking in and out protocols (Github)
- Maintain and contribute to web development documentation, outlining and explaining new functionality to colleagues across the organisation
- Support the IT Team and colleagues across the organisation with Microsoft 365 / Azure platform customisation, including Teams, Forms, and Dynamics 365
- Work with external consultants in delivery of new functionality, through involvement in project planning, delivery and user testing
- Take a keen interest in wider digital issues and contribute ideas and suggestions for developing TEDI-London’s IT systems and our staff digital capability
- To perform such duties consistent with your role as may from time to time be assigned to you by managers within the IT team, including direct student support during busy times
- To undertake health and safety duties and responsibilities appropriate to the role
- Work in accordance with TEDI-London’s policies, promoting equality and diversity in your work
- Make full use of all information and communication technologies in adherence to data protection policies to meet the requirements of the role and to promote organisational effectiveness
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3.
- Experience working with PHP, MYSQL and in particular WordPress
- Experience with Microsoft 365 platform
- An understanding of web performance, analytics, UI and cross-browser compatibility
- Knowledge and application of WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidance
- Relevant qualification, e.g. Degree or equivalent relevant experience in software and IT systems development
- Effective communication skills both orally and in writing and/or using visual media)
- Experience working as a member of a small development team, providing support, assistance and cover where needed
- Ability to effectively manage own workload and prioritising work
- Good collaborative working approach - both within a functional team and across multi-functional teams
- Experience using Git and Github for version control.
- Experience of managing bugs and issues.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced digital environment
- Experience of building websites
- Experience of developing web applications
- Experience working in a student or customer service environment
- Good initiative, analytics and creativity to resolve problems
TEDI-London is an innovative new higher education institution in London wholly focused on engineering, co-founded by Arizona State University, King’s College London, and UNSW Sydney.
Our vision is to transform engineering education to transform lives – both for students and for the users of the products they design and make. Our mission is to attract and empower individuals and partners from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to develop the skills and confidence to create practical real-world solutions that advance how we live as a global community.