Manager, Centre for Skills, Performance and Productivity
Centre for Skills, Performance & Productivity
This position requires the appointee to conceptualise and lead projects as a Principal Investigator, undertake the design and implementation of research projects and build research capabilities in junior researchers. The appointee will report to a Team Lead, with responsibilities which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead in the conceptualisation/design of research projects by:
- engaging stakeholders on policy & practice issues to identify knowledge gaps and assumptions of system operations that present opportunities for contributions of research;
- developing research ideas, and securing support and participation (where relevant) from stakeholders, in consultation with the Research teams;
- securing the participation of suitable collaborators from academia/industry who could contribute to research projects; and
- developing research proposals for approval, including the research design; budget and resource plan
- Lead in the design and development of data collection approach and instrument(s) aligned to the research purpose and methodological approach, as well as oversee the entire data collection and cleaning process
- Lead in data analysis by:
- organising and overseeing the team to conduct data analysis, including developing data analysis methods and specific areas of inquiry;
- ensuring ethical standards of research conduct and rigor of research processes and findings; and
- developing the final set of findings and recommendations in conjunction with the research teams and RO
- Plan and produce research outputs, outcomes, dissemination and translation efforts by:
- strategizing who and how the dissemination plan could be carried out with based on the final set of findings and recommendations for applications;
- organising the team to develop research reports, research articles and presentations that would be of interest to stakeholders; and
- generating ideas and stakeholder interest to translate research findings into actual applications that can contribute to shaping policy and programmes which are relevant to Jobs, Skills and Workforce Development
- Develop scholarly academic papers, book chapters, and other research articles to be published in recognised platforms such as peer-reviewed journals, reputable book publishers, flagship conferences.
- Undertake peer reviews of papers and articles and contribute to evaluation of research proposals.
- Co-develop and participate in external collaborative research projects.
- Mentor, coach and develop research capability of interns and research assistants/associates and other team members as appropriate in developing quality and rigorous research projects.
- Contribute to awareness of research contributions and processes by designing platforms such as events and overseeing implementation.
- Oversee all administrative aspects of research project, including procurement of services, project schedule management and budget monitoring.
- A tertiary qualification, preferably with doctorate or post-graduate research-based qualifications in Statistics / Economics/ Industrial and Organisational Psychology.
- At least 8 years of work experience in the relevant research, practice or policy areas associated with Jobs, Skills and Workforce Development, such as research experience related to any or combinations of, organisations, education systems, digital disruption, work and learning and/or working experience that requires consideration of these issues
- Research background involving both qualitative and quantitative approaches / mixed methods; but with emphasis on a range of quantitative methods, proven records as principal investigator of major research projects, experience in international and comparative research projects an advantage
- Proficiency in critical thinking and have ability to conceptualise findings from literature and empirical data.
- High level ability to write and document research findings and prepare research reports for publication, proven records of international level publications
- Possess good report writing, communication, and project management, mentoring and coaching skills.
- Capability to work confidently with other researchers in the industry.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.