Research Fellow, Materials Science
4 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for a highly talented and motivated candidate to design and realise safe high-performance sodium-based batteries from abundant low cost materials. The project will focus on glass-ceramic all-solid-state sodium batteries combining computational design and machine learning with synthesis, advanced structural and electrochemical characterisation of the shortlisted candidate systems. Beyond the materials synthesis the project will involve the use of operando XRD studies, operando solid-state NMR techniques and interfacial engineering e.g. using Atomic Layer Deposition. Based on the background of the candidate the extent of the involvement in the computational aspects of the project can be adjusted. The appointment will be for approximately 1 and a half years.
- PhD in Materials Science or related disciplines
- Prior knowledge of ceramic materials synthesis for battery applications as well as of electrochemical characterisation of battery materials is required
- Experience in computational materials design is helpful
- Basic knowledge in impedance spectroscopy, solid state NMR and XRD is desirable
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and in interdisciplinary, international teams.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Materials Science And Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No