We invite applications for a research assistant (fieldwork) under the Social Science and Humanities Research (SSHR) Fellowship, led by Principle Investigator Dr Lin Weiqiang. The position will sit within the Department of Geography at NUS.
The job scope and responsibilities of the RAs are as follows:
- Provide fieldwork support in terms of setting up interviews through remote means as well as through overseas trips (subject to border conditions). Study groups include check in agents, gate service staff, ramp workers (cargo) and baggage handlers in Beijing.
- Provide assistance in interview transcription, coding and data analysis.
- Provide assistance in library research.
- Assist in occasional workshop logistics (call for papers, invitations, accommodation booking etc).
- Support the PI and the team in any other research needs related to the project.
Successful applicants preferably hold a Bachelor degree in the Social Sciences and Humanities. The candidate should ideally have experience in interview research and recruitment of participants in institutional contexts. Interest in air transport, infrastructure, labour issues, automation, technology and migration are pluses but not essential. Ideally, successful applicants are familiar with the NUS research environment. Position will involve conducting interviews in Mandarin as well as translation work in Chinese. Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is a must.
Location: Block AS2, #03-01, 1 Arts Link
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department : Geography