Research Engineer, Environmental/Civil/Chemical Engineering
- Full Time
NUS Environmental Research Institute (NERI) at the National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Engineer positions focusing on electrochemical process research for seawater desalination.
The Research Engineer shall conduct experiments on lab-scale and pilot-scale studies of the related process for seawater treatment. The successful candidate for this position should be experienced in handling seawater samples, and possesses the necessary skills for performing physicochemical analyses of the samples from the studies. Prior experience in electrochemical treatment process would be an advantage.
The successful candidates shall be working closely with Professor Ng How Yong, http://www.eng.nus.edu.sg/cee/people/ceenghy/
- Applicants should have a Degree in environmental, civil or chemical engineering with relevant background knowledge to the research topics as described above
- Ability to learn quickly and apply newly acquired knowledge
- Effective communication skills and experience in collaborative projects and inter-group communication
- Ability to write and converse well in English
- Good organisational skills and adaptability
The term of appointment shall be up to 18 months, with the possibility of extension. The remuneration and benefits are internationally competitive, and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Leave and medical benefits will be provided.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
(We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified)
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: NUS Environmental Research Institute