Research Fellow, Physical Oceanography Research Laboratory
- Full Time
We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Researcher to lead the development and testing of a regional configuration of the ocean circulation model NEMO. The successful applicant is expected to perform experiments for improving the vertical mixing representation in NEMO model configured for the eastern Indian Ocean/South China Sea region. Successful candidate must have a PhD in a physical oceanography, numerical ocean modeling experience and excellent technical, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal to disseminate key results to the project partners and government stakeholders.
- Ph.D in physical oceanography/Atmospheric Sciences with good understanding in air-sea interaction and ocean dynamics.
- Experience in the development of regional ocean models is essential. Prior modeling experience with NEMO will be an advantage in the selection process.
- Experience with studies on vertical mixing parameterisation in ocean models.
- Excellent data analysis and data visualization skills. Good technical skill in Linux shell scripting, python, matlab, pyferret or similar packages.
- Should be able to work in a self‐directed manner and within a team environment