Research Fellow, Civil And Environmental Engineering
3 days left
- Full Time
- Perform research in the following areas, to support the development of structural health monitoring system for ship and offshore structures: -
- Global structural dynamic analyses of vessels and offshore structures.
- Interfacing between local, global and hydrodynamic models.
- Instrumentation of ships and offshore structures.
- Apply machine learning and AI techniques to enhance analysis and interpretation.
- Design and conduct physical model tests to support the development of integrated physical-numerical modelling and simulations.
- Collaborate with industry partners, affiliated research institutes and other relevant stakeholders to assist in securing further research grants.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Ph.D. in Offshore/Civil/Structural/Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Applied Mathematics or other related disciplines.
- Preferably 3+ years of relevant postdoctoral/research/industry experience with competent knowledge in some of the following areas:
a). Strong working knowledge of marine structures, offshore structural engineering and naval architecture.
b). Strong knowledge and experience in using FEM structural analysis software packages to solve global structural dynamic responses.
c). Strong interest in applying machine learning and AI techniques.
d). Knowledge/experience in instrumentation and experiments of marine and offshore systems at model- and full-scale will be an advantage.
e). Prior experience/knowledge of the following software/programming languages will be preferred:
i. ABAQUS, ANSYS.
ii. SESAM Suite or equivalent.
iii. Fortran, Python and/or C++.
Other Requirements (e.g. Skills, Competencies):
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively as members of a team.
- Good command of written and spoken English language.
- Resourceful and self-driven with a high degree of professional integrity.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Civil And Environmental Engineering