Teaching Assistant, Digital Innovation and Design
About ISS Established in 1981, the Institute of Systems Science at National University of Singapore (NUS-ISS) develops digital talent for the industry through graduate education, professional development programmes, consultancy, applied research and career services. NUS-ISS has implemented a unique portfolio of multiple learning pathways, with a wide spectrum of programmes in critical industry disciplines, such as software development, data science, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, smart health, digital government and digital innovation.
For more information about ISS, please visit our website at www.iss.nus.edu.sg
Roles and Responsibilities:
The individual will take responsibility for supporting course management, projects and programmes across our training, consulting, and research portfolio in the practice. He/She can look forward to learn and collaborate from lecturers cum industry practitioners in the domains of digital marketing, user experience design and design thinking.
Responsibilities of the role will include
- Conducting research, writing reports and case studies.
- Supporting respective lecturers in content creation and preparations of education resources and course materials.
- Supporting lecturers in facilitating class discussion, engagement and providing a good learning experience.
- Managing execution of courses and projects such as driving awareness, resourcing, scheduling and processes.
- Liaising with course administrators, QA and other administrative teams in the execution of courses or projects.
- Supporting lecturers in consultancy project execution.
- Communicating and engaging with students and external parties.
The candidate must be able to work independently and collaboratively across the Digital Innovation and Design Practice portfolio. As such, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following competencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project and programme management
- Time management and coordination of multiple parallel courses and projects
- Strong interpersonal skills Attitudes and Mindset In order to make valuable contributions to the Digital Innovation & Design Practice, candidates must be:
- Self-motivated, proactive with strong initiative
- Highly organised, with attention to details
- Able to work well independently and in teams
- Able to multi-task and work within tight timelines
- Interest to grow and develop skills in the digital domains and training/facilitation areas Requirements:
- Minimum bachelor degree, on-the-job training will be provided for those without teaching experience
- The candidate should have strong passion, interest or experience in the digital domains such as design thinking, innovation & technology, user experience and digital marketing.
- Interest in the education sector will be a plus.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Institute of Systems Science
Department : Digital Innovation & Design