Research Fellow, Mechanical Engineering
We are seeking a self-motivated candidate to enhance the quality of research in the fields of machine learning and deep learning in ultraprecision/precision manufacturing. He/she should possess a strong interest in the following mentioned research areas:
- Ultraprecision/precision machining
- Application of machine learning/deep learning in manufacturing
- Signal processing (force, acoustic emission) and data analysis The job scope includes:
- Lead either advanced manufacturing or smart manufacturing to develop AI methods for process optimization and prediction
- Deploy/develop advanced data analysis and machine learning/deep learning methods for process/machine tool monitoring and smart manufacturing/tooling
- Contribute to academic research in the relevant domains and publish high-tier journal papers
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, or a relevant area.
- Expertise and work experience in programming with at least one language, e.g., Python, R, Java, SQL, Julia, C# or C++, etc.
- Excellent command of English.
- Outstanding academic/publication records in machine learning/deep learning
- Outstanding data analytics, mathematical, and computer modelling skills.
- Research experience in machine learning, data mining, big data analytics, artificial intelligence, etc.
- Expertise in the digital twin of machining tools and processes will be a definite advantage.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Mechanical Engineering