The Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is recruiting a Research Assistant/Associate Policy Analyst.
The rapid population ageing in Singapore and Asia calls for innovative solutions in five domains:
- Productivity and Engagement,
- Equity, and
The project aims to develop an Ageing Index that measures how Singapore and Asia are adapting to societal ageing across these domains. The candidate will also be working on models in policy evaluation. This is a full-time position based in Singapore.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- provide programming support to a research project
- assist with data analyses;
- manage large complex databases;
- conduct literature reviews
- contribute to the development of scientific papers and the dissemination of the study findings.
The appointed candidate should:
- Hold at least a bachelor degree
- be proficient in Stata or R and
- have experience in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, computer science, quantitative social science, public health, epidemiology or related field. Experience with C++ is preferred but not required. The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to query large data sets and have excellent knowledge of quantitative methods in applied health and/or social sciences. Fluency in English, as well as demonstrably good writing and analytic skills are essential. The role will suit someone who enjoys problem solving.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
Department: Dean's Office (SSH Sch of Public Health)