Senior Research Associate (x2) - Lifelong Learning
ResPublica is looking for a Senior Public Policy Researcher to play an instrumental role in the development of future policy ideas for ResPublica’s Lifelong Education Commission.
The Commission will seek to recommend how barriers to lifelong learning can be removed, what future investment is needed to support this and what regulatory change is needed to ensure the maximum possible flexibility that will benefit learners. It will focus on the needs of the post-18 system, and how this needs to be designed so that both Higher and Further Education institutions are valued, and how individuals can be empowered to make decisions and undertake their learning.
We are looking for a senior research associate. You may be a practitioner or an academic or have a research background in public policy. Ideally you will have expertise in the UK skills system with prior knowledge and experience of further and higher education.
This role offers a unique opportunity to work with high profile partners, with one of the most influential public policy think tanks in the UK. We would be keen to employ or commission someone with a flair for public policy innovation, an eye for detail, and experience in producing high quality research reports.
We are looking for individuals with:
- A proven track record in research and/or public policy with at least five years experience
- Strong academic credentials
- Ability to innovative and think creatively about new policy solutions
- Interest in innovative ideas and thinking beyond traditional party political divides
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong track record to design and deliver projects to time and budget.
We can offer the opportunity to:
- Author/co-author and publish key research that will reach a wide policy audience
- Access a dynamic policy making environment at the heart of the public policy debate
- Build new and broader networks
- Contribute to wider projects being taken forward within ResPublica.
The successful applicant will be instrumental in managing research outputs and content for the commission, and for working collaboratively with other colleagues, contractors, and other partners. Candidates must also demonstrate experience in efficient project management.
We are open to candidates from a diverse range of professional backgrounds, such as policy, business development, communications, academia and public affairs.
We are open to a fixed term contract (6 months) or consultancy appointment, full time or part time. There are also opportunities to transition to permanent senior roles with ResPublica should that appeal to the right candidates. The position can be based in London or elsewhere.
We can offer a competitive salary or fees, respectful of your experience and expertise.
How to apply
If you are interested in working with us please send your CV, and a cover letter referencing your relevant skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include ‘Research Associates’ in the subject line of your email.
The deadline for applying for the position is 19th April 2021.
ResPublica values diversity and promotes equality. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.