Head of Quality
Contract Type: 12 Months
- To lead and manage staff and activities in the quality unit with particular attention to academic standards and overall college quality practices in line with partner Universities and regulatory bodies.
- To ensure the prioritisation of work, objective setting, performance monitoring and staff development in the quality unit (and throughout the college as required).
- To provide advice (and guidance as needed) to directors and senior managers across the college and to ensure that the college’s reputation is protected, and that the college is compliant with quality assurance and regulatory frameworks.
The activities of the Head of Quality influence the way in which the college is perceived locally and nationally in terms of reputation, academic standards, and the quality of the student experience.
Fulfilment of the role requires contact with senior staff and other teams across the college and the provision of advice and guidance and, when necessary, giving direction
Responsibilities as Head of Quality:
- To work with all college relevant parties to ensure that there are appropriate academic structures and policies in place that enable the college to implement its academic strategy and its obligations to its students, which ensure that the college’s reputation is protected and is compliant with external academic quality assurance, regulatory and legal frameworks.
- To lead and manage the Quality Unit team, safeguard academic standards, ensure that core elements of quality assurance are delivered effectively and that the team is suitably equipped and experienced to give professional advice.
- To promote a culture of proactivity, innovation, transparency, collaboration, flexibility in the areas of quality and standards management and to encourage the effective deployment of resources within the area of responsibilities.
- To ensure that policies and procedures are effective and promote quality assurance, excellence, and student enhancement.
- To ensure that there are effective and integrated quality management processes and procedures in place across the college and that these are followed by departments accordingly.
- To play a lead role in the initiation, development and implementation of major institutional projects and reviews, as and when required.
- To play a lead role for the college in maintaining and developing relationships with the QAA and other related or successor bodies, including partner Universities.
- To monitor changes to the national regulatory framework for quality assurance, and more general developments in the HE sector, and as a result to advise senior staff and propose action to be taken by the college in response.
- To prepare and write the annual report and other such reports as required for the various regulating bodies.
- To undertake a range of duties as required by the CEO and deputy CEO and Group Principal.
- The Head of Quality is also an active member of several committees with responsibility for oversight of academic standards and educational quality.
Note: The above list is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
This job description will be regularly reviewed and at least prior to the annual appraisal, if applicable or on a regular basis to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.