The successful candidate will work at the Department of Chemistry on Investigating the biomineralizaiton process in sea shells to understand the mechanism and possible application for the new materials.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Collection of natural samples from various locations in the region
- Characterisation of the calcium rich materials (e.g. Sea shells)
- Extraction and identification of protein based materials
- Help the PI to prepare documents
- Organize discussion meetings
- Qualifications / Discipline: BSc(Hons) or MSc (Chemistry or environmental science)
- Skills: Basic chemistry knowledge, techniques used for characterisation of materials. Knowledge on protein chemistry is a bonus.
- Experience: Experience in dealing with natural materials, use of spectroscopic and microscopic techniques.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department: [[Department of Chemistry]]
Employee Referral Eligible: No