1 x Fixed Term Contract until 30th September 2021, full-time, 37.5 hours per week
1 x 24 months Fixed Term Contract, full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Circa £23,400 – £26,500 per annum depending on experience
IB Global Centre, Cardiff
If you're looking to work for a global organization with a meaningful mission, and with colleagues all over the world, then the International Baccalaureate® (IB) may have the ideal opportunity for you!
The IB is a leading global not-for-profit educational organization that offers curriculum and assessment worldwide to children aged 3-19. Our education programs encourage students to be active learners, well-rounded individuals and engaged world citizens.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Exam Publishing department as a Production Editor in an international organization. You will be working with a team of Production Editors, Copy Editors and Designers in the development and delivery of traditional and digital assessments within the eAssessment Division of a not for profit education organization.
The role would suit candidates with experience in publishing, offering scope to progress within the business. The role requires a high level of proofing, organisational and technical skills to ensure the on time and within budget delivery of high quality error free assessments.
- Effectively work within a team of Production Editors, Copy Editors and Designers.
- Coordinates teams of external and internal stakeholders in the production of high quality, error-free assessments both in print and onscreen.
- Manage the relationships required in delivering material for an international organization.
- Efficiently project manage the preparation of a diverse range of assessments in a variety of languages.
- Ensure the accurate production and proofing of material, adhering to IB guidelines.
- Assist with developing and implementing new processes and software to support effectiveness and efficiency.
Essential Job Requirements:
- A degree or equivalent experience in a relevant subject.
- Experience of working within a relevant professional environments.
- Experience of managing multiple projects within a deadline driven environment.
- An exceptional eye for detail and the ability to complete work accurately and consistently to a high standard.
- The ability to communicate confidently and clearly within and across teams and in a variety of situations, eg virtually and face-to-face.
- The ability to work with multiple stakeholders from different cultures.
- The ability and willingness to be decisive when making decisions affecting the delivery of assessment publication material.
- The capacity to work under pressure and respond to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office.
- An excellent command of the English language
- Ability to work in French, Spanish, Japanese and/or Korean.
- A credential in proofreading.
- Experience of project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of the IB, IB Programmes or being an IB Alumni is a plus.
Other special requirements:
Flexibility to work hours outside of 8:00am – 5:00pm as required.
Applications will be accepted until the 21st April 2021