Research Fellow, Epidemiologist/Statistician
The Centre for Big Data Research in Health (CBDRH) is a research centre within the Faculty of Medicine and aims to improve the health of the population through research using large-scale electronic data that integrates information about biology, clinical care, health services and the social and physical environments Centre for Big Data Research in Health
About the role:
- 2-year, Fixed-term Full Time opportunity
- Level B: $109K - $128K (+17% Superannuation & Leave loading)
- Sydney, Australia based
- Full working right will be required for the duration of the contract.
A Research Fellow - Epidemiologist/Statistician (Level B) is expected to carry out independent and/or team-based epidemiological and statistical research using large health datasets. The Research fellow will provide support across projects within the National Perinatal Epidemiology and Statistics Unit (NPESU) in the Centre for Big Data Research in Health. The role of Research Fellow - Epidemiologist/Statistician reports to the Professor and Director of the NPESU and has no direct reports.
Please review the position description for more details on the role requirements.
Skills and Experience:
- A PhD in biostatistics, epidemiology or applied statistics, or a postgraduate qualification in one of these fields plus relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated track record in research with outcomes of high quality and high impact with clear evidence of the desire and ability to continually achieve research excellence as well as the capacity for research leadership.
- Strong understanding of theory and methods relating to the design of epidemiological studies and the statistical analysis of health-related data.
- Demonstrated experience in the management and analysis of large complex health datasets and the analysis of linked longitudinal data.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality when dealing with sensitive data and an understanding of ethical principles relating to privacy and confidentiality.
- Highly developed data analysis skills and experience in the use of several statistical packages.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualise novel research questions in areas relevant to public health or health services research and to develop these into research outputs.
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and ability to network effectively and interact with a diverse range of students and staff.
- Evidence of highly developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Please apply online using the following link: Research Fellow - Epidemiologist/Statistician
Contact (For job related queries only):
Professor Georgina Chambers
Applications close: 11pm, 28th April 2021
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://med.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity