Research Fellow, Medicine
The purpose of the job is to help patients through clinical research and the use of mass spectroscopy.
This position is an opportunity for the candidate to work directly with a physician scientist professor at the National University of Singapore and National University Hospital. We are looking for a talented Research fellow/Post Doc (Ph.D.) with experience in mass spectroscopy, statistics and writing high-impact publications. We have both clinical recruitment nurses and mass spectroscopic technologies on site in addition to statistical and technical support staff.
The department of Medicine is a cluster comprising of multiple specialties, including Cardiology, Endocrinology, Family Medicine, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, General Medicine (Dermatology & Geriatrics inclusive), Infectious Diseases, Nephrology, Neurology, Psychological Medicine, Rheumatology, and Respiratory & Critical Care Medicine. You will assist the Principal Investigator within our cluster with the conduct of research projects, and related duties as assigned to ensure the success of these projects.
- Assist in the writing of manuscripts for higher impact journals
- Conduct independent research in clinical science, focused on the subjects of metabolic and oxidative stress. Experience conducting untargeted and targeted metabolomics analyses.
- Experience in sample extraction and prep techniques. Ability to work with sophisticated datasets.
- Consulting on experimental design, analysing and interpreting metabolomics data, and developing new LC/MS-based assays as projects dictate
- Coordinate large grant proposals and work with leaders in the field across Singapore and internationally
- Clinical samples from cardiovascular, cancer and diabetic patients will be provided.
- The candidate will work successfully to measure complex biomarkers using mass spectroscopy and produce publishable outputs
- Assist the professor in writing grants
- Assist with ethics submissions
- Attend meetings with the primary investigator and team members
- Liaise with multi-national collaborators for commercialization and validation of our discoveries
Qualifications The applicant must:
- Only Singapore citizens or PR
- Hold Ph.D. in Integrative Sciences/Life Sciences/Clinical Sciences/Chemistry, with at least 2 years of relevant research experience and prior publications
- A specific requirement is substantial knowledge of mass spectroscopy (preferably both targeted and high-resolution data)
- Independent, with strong emphasis on positive attitude and enthusiasm for science
- Proficiency in biostatistics
- Proficiency in mass spectroscopy (both targeted assay development and analysis of high resolution data)
More Information Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No