Academic Quality Officer, Programmes and Data
Job Profile Academic Quality - Quality
Contract Type Permanent
The Academic Quality Officer (Programmes & Data), under the direction of the Head of Academic Quality and the Senior Academic Quality Officer (Audit & Risk), is responsible for assisting the University to implement its academic quality and governance mechanisms through the application of the internal regulatory framework, for ensuring the principles in the General Academic Regulations are met, and for pro-actively supporting the academic community in capturing and disseminating best practice and enhancing the student experience. The role holder will act specifically as a key point of institutional expertise for programme design, development, and approval, and the monitoring of quality and standards across programmes through annual review processes. It is also an expectation that the role holder will be responsible for supporting the continued evolution and enhancement of the institutional approach to the use of data and metrics in academic quality and governance.
This role can be based at BPP Manchester or BPP London Liverpool Street, flexible hybrid-working.
Informal enquiries for the post can be directed to Dr Alex Griffiths, Head of Academic Quality, by e-mailing AlexGriffiths@bpp.com
- Act as a key point of expertise in the design, development, and approval of programmes of study at the University, and co-ordinate the institutional approach and processes in this area.
- Co-ordination and management of the processes surrounding the appointment and administration of the University's external examiners framework.
- Act as a key point of expertise for the University's approach to annual programme monitoring, with responsibility for its overarching co-ordination across the University.
- Act as Secretary to University Boards and Committees.
- Be responsible for the continued evolution and enhancement of the institutional approach to the use of data and metrics in the University's academic quality and governance.
- Prepare data-driven, risk focused reports demonstrating the impact of the University's practice in relation to academic quality and prepare data-driven, risk focused committee papers on proposed developments and initiatives within the University and externally.
- Assist in the drafting of regulations, procedures, protocols and guidance.
- Develop and benefit from an external network of peers.
- Maintain a close and contemporary understanding of developments in the HE sector and apply that understanding to the development of practice within the University.
- Undertake such other tasks and duties as may be required from time to time by the Head of Academic Quality and Senior Academic Quality Officer (Risk & Audi
Department University Academic Services - Academic Quality
Vacancy location UK, Nationwide
- A good first degree, or equivalent qualification.
- Significant experience working in an academic or administrative environment related to quality assurance and/or enhancement in higher education either for a higher education institution, or a professional or statutory body.
- Experience of supporting processes surrounding the assurance of quality and standards in programme design, development, approval, and monitoring.
- An understanding of the frameworks for quality assurance in higher education in the UK and specifically that of the OfS and QAA.
- Strong oral and written skills with experience of providing advice to committees and senior officers and preparing reports and position papers and preparing minutes and action plans.
- Good numeracy skills, including familiarity with data management, collation and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work in a team and be adaptable to the exigencies of changing priorities and timescales.
- Self-motivated and target focused.
- Experience of a range of regulators, including the QAA and PSRBs for professional practice qualifications.
- Experience of external regulatory review.
- Experience of the work of a statutory body such as the OfS and QAA.
- Previous experience of academic audit, or analogous work.
- Experience of delivering staff training.
Contract Hours 37.50