Senior Clinical Lecturer/Clinical Lecturer in Critical Care
Application closing date 20/04/2021
Salary £80,253 - £111,230 per annum.
Job category/type Academic
We are recruiting for a Senior Clinical Lecturer / Clinical Lecturer in Critical Care who will strengthen the clinical academic base of critical care within the Wellcome Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast (QUB) and the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (BHSCT). The Clinical Senior Lecturer / Clinical Lecturer will undertake research in line with the School’s research strategy, teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level, contribute to the School’s administration/outreach activity and deliver and enhance clinical service.
The Clinical Senior Lecturer / Clinical Lecturer will hold an Honorary Consultant contract in BHSCT.
The successful candidate must have:
- Primary Medical Degree and Higher degree (PhD, MD or equivalent)
- Full Registration with the GMC or eligible for full registration (in case of international applicants).
- Inclusion on the relevant GMC Specialist Register or eligible for inclusion within six months of the interview date.
- Higher specialist qualification in Critical Care Medicine (Membership of relevant Royal College or equivalent by examination)
- Certificate of completion of training in Intensive Care Medicine
- Research profile that complements the research priorities of the Wellcome-Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine.
- Clinical experience in a relevant critical care speciality and evidence of progression appropriate to career stage.
- Experience in the management of clinical service in the relevant specialty.
The University would ideally like to appoint at Clinical Senior Lecturer level but will also consider appointing at Clinical Lecturer level.
The additional criteria for Clinical Senior Lecturer is:
- Record of high quality publications at an international level of excellence in internationally recognised journals.
- Record of successfully obtaining significant research funding or other resources to underpin research, as appropriate to the discipline, through competitive national or international peer-reviewed processes
- Substantial teaching experience at University level
The additional criteria for Clinical Lecturer is:
- Recent, relevant publications in peer reviewed/refereed journals that are at recognised internationally as being high quality, commensurate with experience
- Relevant teaching experience at University level
The Wellcome Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine (WWIEM) is one of the research centres in the School. WWIEM is committed to research excellence in experimental medicine by making scientific breakthroughs in the mechanisms of disease, which we translate to innovative therapeutics to improve patient outcomes. The Institute is an international hub of excellence on eye disease, infectious diseases and respiratory disease with a core emphasis on immunology, molecular cell biology and patient-based investigations, and is currently undertaking an expansion of its research portfolio on cardiovascular disease.
Queen’s University Belfast is a driver of innovation and talent based on excellence. Throughout the University, our academics collaborate across disciplines and with outside agencies and institutions on projects of world significance. We are connected and networked with strategic partnerships across the world, helping us to expand our impact on wider society locally, nationally and globally. The University is committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best global talent within an environment that enables them to realise their full potential.
We are a leader in gender equality and diversity, and are one of the UK’s most successful universities in the Athena SWAN initiative, which promotes gender equality and career progression. The University holds an Athena SWAN silver award and the School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences holds an Athena SWAN Gold award in recognition of our commitment and success in addressing gender equality, representation, progression and success for all our staff.
We are ranked 1st in the UK for Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (Innovate UK), 9th in the UK for University facilities (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018) and 14th in the UK for research quality (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019).
Based in Belfast, a modern capital city, our beautiful campus is surrounded by abundant acres of parkland and is renowned as one of the safest and most affordable cities in the UK. There is an excellent range of local Schools from pre-nursery upwards and we are immensely proud of what our city and our University will offer you.
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking apply. You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria when you submit your application. For further information or assistance contact Resourcing Team via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all. However, our employment monitoring data tells us that individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities, people with a disability and those who identify as LGBT+ are currently under-represented at the University. Also Protestants are currently under-represented in this category of work. As such, we particularly welcome applications from these individuals.
As you may be aware, Queen’s is recognised as one of the most diverse organisations in Northern Ireland. We are committed to ensuring our workplace is a safe, welcoming and inclusive place to work, which is why we subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as Stonewall Workplace Equality Index, Diversity Charter Mark NI and Athena SWAN.
It is also why we have established award winning Staff Networks such as PRISM and iRise. These networks provide an opportunity for staff to meet in a friendly, informal way to support each other. More details on all our networks can be found here.
Candidate Information - Clinical Senior Lecturer in Critical Care
Candidate Information - Clinical Lecturer in Critical Care
Further information relating to Clinical responsibilities Clinical Lecturer/Clinical Senior Lecturer in Critical Care
About the school
About the Centre
Further information for international applicants