Assistant Professor at the Department of Psychology
THE DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF SOCIAL STUDIES INVITES APPLICATIONS for the position of Assistant Professor at the Department of Psychology
Extent: 0.5 FTE (FTE is 40 hours a week)
Expected start: June 1, 2021 or by agreement
Application deadline: April 25, 2021
The position includes:
- Participation on research projects focused on psychotherapy research, participation in teaching psychotherapy and health psychology;
- teaching in B.A. and M.A. psychology programs and supervision of the B.A. and M.A. theses;
- independent research;
- participation in all departmental activities.
Required qualifications and competencies:
- Ph.D. from psychology;
- research and publishing activities in the field of psychotherapy / health psychology;
- expertise in qualitative research (grounded theory method);
- writing academic texts in English;
- ability to speak and write fluently in English;
- teaching experience in courses focused on psychotherapy / health psychology;
- experience with the administration of study stays abroad and with editorial work in journal are an advantage.
- resources of a successful educational and research institution;
- friendly and supportive environment of a small, research-oriented psychology department;
- career advancement.
- CV including a summary of teaching and research experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.;
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma;
- a cover letter explaining the applicant’s interest in working at the open position and the applicant’s concept of the research and teaching on the open position (max 1-2p.);
- one references letter.
Send applications, including all required documents, in the form of an e-application by April 25, 2021.
Information about the Department of Psychology: http://www.fss.muni.cz/about_us/workplace/kat_psy/psy_about