Professor / Senior Associate Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in Biostatistics
DEPARTMENT: Academy of Pharmacy
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: The successful applicant will work in the area of Biostatistics or a related discipline
POSITION TITLE: Professor/Senior Associate Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in Biostatistics
LOCATION: Suzhou campus
Assistant Professor: 29,046-31,993RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 35,588RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
Associate Professor: 36,127 – 38,967 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 42,705RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
Senior Associate Professor: 43,353 – 45,941 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 49,319 RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
Professor: above 50,039 RMB/month (with the opportunity to go to 55,358 RMB/month based on future annual performance and evaluations after being in post)
POSITION OPEN DATE: 1st March 2021
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 31st August 2021
JOB ID: 1958
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed-Term/3-year contract, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended
Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006, and is a unique collaborative institution and first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for more than 100 programmes. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-led and has committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of master’s and PhD student numbers on campus. The university has over 18,000 students and nearly 1000 academic staff representing in excess of 90 nationalities. For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn
The Academy of Pharmacy was established on November 11, 2020, focusing on pharmaceutical sciences and planning to recruit faculty from globally distinguished institutions working in this discipline. The Academy of Pharmacy intends to work closely with the local (Suzhou Industrial Park) private sectors for student/professional training and basic research. It will also build a state-of-the-art Pharmaceutical Analysis Core Lab and Laboratory Animal Research Centre with excellent technical support. Staff also benefit from the fact that Suzhou is building a ‘Chinese Pharma Valley’ for pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences. Cold Spring Harbor Asia (http://www.csh-asia.org/index.html) is located within walking distance and there are over 600 pharma and biotechnology companies in Suzhou Industrial Park. Current Academy of Pharmacy research areas include: novel therapeutic development and strategies, AI-assisted drug development, gene/cell therapy, clinical pharmacy, and new vaccine development. The Academy plans to offer undergraduate, Master’s and PhD degree programmes in Applied Statistics (Biostatistics), Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutics, and Biopharmaceuticals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To teach undergraduate and graduate students
- To maintain active research and research funding
- To carry out various administrative duties (e.g. Research Officer, Lab Safety Officer, and Examination Officer)
- To supervise graduate students and support teaching and research staff
- To collaborate vigorously with local private sectors
- Effective communication skills; fluent in written and spoken English
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Professionalism and work ethic
- Interpersonal abilities to manage a research team
- Positive attitude and energy
- Diversity / Sensitivity
- The successful applicant will have a PhD degree in Mathematics (e.g. probability theory), Statistics, Biostatistics, Medical Statistics (e.g. Clinical Trial Statistics), Epidemiology (with focus on methodology and statistical analysis) or a related discipline and should demonstrate appropriate teaching experience and evidence of the ability to obtain external research funds and produce high quality research publications.
- Candidates for the position of Associate Professor and above should also have a strong track record in teaching and academic supervision, as well as an international collaborative research profile in their fields and a successful record of research funding.
In addition to the base salary, members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, children’s education, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
Citizenship and Visa Regulations
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for a work visa from the PRC.
We are currently accepting applications through our university website, you can apply via https://career15.sapsf.cn/career?career%5fns=job%5flisting&company=xjtlu&navBarLevel=JOB%5fSEARCH&rcm%5fsite%5flocale=en%5fUS&career_job_req_id=1958&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=Zzy8drUVUP%2fAYGIRa9JGPbnqXa8gJqQdHBvUOIqPcok%3d. In the file, please state the Position (PROFESSOR/SENIOR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES) you are applying for.
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes the following three parts in the order:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- A three-year research and teaching plan
- Contact details for three referees
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to the Executive Dean of Academy of Pharmacy, Prof Mu Wang, at Mu.Wang@xjtlu.edu.cn . Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.