Professor of Multiphysics for Energy Geo-Engineering
3 days left
- Full Time
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: Faculty Positions: Physical Science and Engineering Division (faculty): Energy Resources and Petroleum Engineering Program
Location King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
We seek a candidate with strong experience in multiphysics applied to wells, reservoir engineering, enhanced oil recovery. He should be an expert in coupled hydro-thermo-chemo-mechanical processes, spatial variability, multiscale analyses, fracture-matrix interaction, upscaling.
The Energy Resources and Petroleum Engineering Academic Program for both M.S. and Ph.D. students focuses on modern reservoir description, engineering and management. Students in this program receive broad training in basic scientific concepts and thermodynamics, geology, geophysical characterization, and reservoir engineering. Our students participate in scientific research activities that may include mathematical analyses, computational modeling, experimental research and/or field studies. Ph.D. candidates focus on original research driven to advance the boundaries of knowledge.
PSE division invites applications for faculty position at Assistant and Associate Professor ranks.
For more information, please visit https://pse.kaust.edu.sa/study/academic-programs/energy-resources-and-petroleum-engineering/Pages/home.aspx
A relevant Ph.D. degree. Proven track record in managing a research group as well as publishing high-impact papers.
Teaching and service responsibilities
Commitment to high-quality teaching at the graduate level, including generally two courses per academic year. Active service to KAUST on all aspects of academic life.
The University offers access to multiple sources of research funding to its Principal Investigators. The successful applicant should have an established record of publishing high-impact papers, and is expected to create a thriving research program including engaging in national and international scientific collaborations.
Applicants are required to complete an online application form using the Interfolio online application system ( http://apply.interfolio.com/80330). To prevent any delays in reviewing your application, you will need to upload the following materials:
- A cover letter, introducing your candidacy, and explicitly stating both the position and the rank (Assistant, Associate, Full) that the candidate is applying for, is required. The rank must be consistent with the candidate experience.
- Up-to-date curriculum vita which includes full publication list
- Statement of research interests
- Statement of teaching interests
- A list of the names/affiliation and contact details of at least six potential referees
- Copies of most relevant publications (Maximum of five)
- Two citation reports (Web of Science and Scopus)
PLEASE NOTE: Only complete applications submitted through the online application system will be considered. Applications received by the advertised deadline will receive full consideration. However, positions will remain open until filled.
More searches like this
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Academic Posts jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Saudi Arabia
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Saudi Arabia