Special Scientist, Department of Mathematics and Statistics
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS AND STATISTICS
SPECIAL SCIENTIST POSITIONS
Title: Special Scientist
No. of Position(s):1
Category: Nine months contract (June 2021 – February 2022) with a
possible extension of another 3 months.
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics announces (1) part-time (75 hours/month) Special Scientist position for the research programme related to the start-up funding of the Lecturer Andreas Anastasiou.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research work under the guidance of Dr Anastasiou.
- To participate in frequent meetings with Dr Anastasiou, in order to discuss results and get assigned new tasks.
- Develop code in R and write down the results using the document preparation system LaTeX.
- Degree of Mathematics and/or Statistics.
- Very good knowledge of Mathematics and of Statistical Theory.
- Very good Knowledge of the statistical software R.
- Knowledge of the document preparation system LaTeX.
- Capability of understanding research articles and willingness to pursue independent research work.
The position is on a contract basis of nine months. The monthly gross salary is equal to €739.77. From the monthly gross earnings, the University of Cyprus will deduct the relevant sum which
corresponds to the contributions of the employee to the various Governmental Funds and, if applicable, income tax. The position does not include a 13th Salary bonus. Interested candidates should submit the following items, in PDF or Word format, via e-mail to Dr
Andreas Anastasiou, email email@example.com by the 20th of April, 2021:
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date
- A detailed curriculum vitae in Greek or in English (contact address and telephone number should be included)
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s)
- The names and contact details of at least two University professors from whom references may be requested
For more details and other information, interested individuals may contact Dr Andreas Anastasiou by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone: +357 22892634
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).