Research Fellow, Mechanical Engineering
The main role is in the research and development of navigation and path planning strategies for ship hull and similar inspection with a hover capable Autonomous Underwater Vehicle. The role will entail the following job scope:
- Research and implement perception and fusion algorithms utilising camera and sonar.
- Research and implement localisation algorithms fusing multiple navigation and sensor sources with SLAM or similar techniques.
- Implement navigation and path planning algorithms for ship hull navigation.
- Integration of robotics stack with the software architecture.
- Test and debug of robotics algorithms in software in the loop simulation.
- PhD/Msc in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Research or industry experience writing code for complex robotic systems.
- Experience with Robot Operating System framework.
- Experience with perception and fusion algorithms and libraries including Open-CV, Point-cloud library, Tracking filters, Computer vision techniques.
- Experience with AI, deep learning and machine learning algorithms such as YOLO and Faster RCNN.
- Experience with SLAM for localisation methods.
- Experience with path planning algorithms such as A*STAR.
- Proficient in Python and C++.
- Proficient in Linux.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Mechanical Engineering