Enterprise Development Associate
Enterprise Development Associate
Fixed Term Contract: until 2023
Salary – Circa £35,500
NMITE is proud to be a new provider of higher education in Hereford.
Teaching and engineering focussed, we are committed to authentic learning, developing skills and mindsets, a transformative educational experience, interdisciplinary approaches, innovative provision, and local, regional, national, and international impact. Supported by Government, industry, and the engineering profession, we aim to be a game-changer in every facet of our operations and educational programmes.
We recognise that future engineers need technical knowledge, but also that creativity, problem-solving ability, and understanding of humanities, arts, business, and many other areas are all required to succeed, as well as the ability to use this knowledge in current and future professional contexts. For these reasons our programmes will be open to all with the creativity, imagination and the determination to solve society’s challenges, not just those with A-level maths and physics. Our teaching will be in studio-based, problem-led, and deeply connected to industrial and social partners.
NMITE has been awarded funding through the European Social Fund operational programme. Managed by the Department of Work and Pensions, the Herefordshire Skills for the Future project sets out to improve the labour market relevance of education and training systems under priority axis 2.2
This programme will focus on three key areas:
- Helping Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Microbusinesses in Herefordshire to understand gaps and opportunities in their labour market skills and offer flexible support to enable them to reach their growth potential. The focus will predominantly be on essential skills rather than technical skills.
- Engaging SMEs and Microbusinesses with educators (schools, colleges, further & higher education) to embed skills awareness in course content and through extracurricular workshops to help individuals to gain skills relevant to the needs of the local labour market
- Developing enterprise skills amongst young people to inspire a new generation of entrepreneurs who can start and grow businesses to meet local business needs.
This grant enables us to develop enterprise skills amongst young people to inspire a new generation of entrepreneurs who can start and grow businesses to meet local business needs. Our entrepreneurship programme will help address barriers to participation and enhance education-industry interaction. It will equip students and others such as military leavers with the skills to start and grow a business to meet business needs locally.
- NMITE outreach role to stimulate entrepreneurship and innovation Herefordshire’s young people (16 to 30 year olds) and communities across core, emerging and enabling sectors.
- Raise awareness of entrepreneurship as an alternative career pathway including social enterprise.
- Develop and deliver a diverse and dynamic programme of entrepreneurship and enterprise workshops to promote cutting-edge work-ready skills amongst young people to develop entrepreneurs.
- Working with school, college, FE and HE leavers to highlight the pathway to entrepreneurship after education.
- You will also be looking to engage with non-traditional groups, such as military leavers, unemployed and harder to reach groups, through engaging with voluntary organisations and other networks.
- Provide signposting to start-ups to compliment the work of the Growth Hub.
- Responsible for checking eligibility of participants and ensuring that accurate records are in place on NMITE’s CRM, to provide a full audit trail.
- Work with the Placement Co-ordinator and Careers Enterprise Co-ordinator to boost vocational pathways. Working with pupils in schools to address barriers to participation, collaborating with businesses, Herefordshire Council and NMITE to enhance education-industry interaction.
- Promote the work of NMITE across the wider community in Herefordshire by attending events and brokering new relationships within the community.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in enterprise and entrepreneurship and/or Curriculum development and delivery.
Key Skills & Behaviours
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise tasks, meetings, events, workshops
- Experience of working across teams and organisations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Driving licence or ability to travel around the county
- Equality focused, inclusive, respectful, creative, honest, non-judgemental
We offer competitive salaries and a competitive benefits package, including pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days holidays (plus Bank Holidays & closure days), ongoing training & development. This role is a fixed term contract until December 2023.
Please email a full CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your covering letter should outline how you meet the person specification.
Informal questions about the roles can be addressed to the Head of Partnerships, Toby Kinnaird (Toby.email@example.com)
NMITE is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can be ourselves and succeed on merit. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in engineering education. Part time proposals and secondment arrangements may also be considered.
The closing date for completed applications is Friday 16th April 2021.
Interviews will be expected to be held on 29th April 2021 via TEAMS.
This role is funded by the European Social Fund Programme 2014- 2020 and will contribute to the delivery of the ESF Herefordshire Skills for the Future project, which will be delivered between the dates of 01.05.2020 until 31.12.2023.