Research Fellow, Research
6 days left
- Full Time
We have a vacancy for a research fellow in the fields of energy and environmental systems modelling and analysis, operations research with application to environmental sciences or other related quantitative research fields.
This project aims to develop a web-based waste-to-resource matching platform enabling better waste management in urban cities through the promotion of circular economy. The goal of the online matching platform is to connect the waste producers and potential buyers (typically small and medium enterprises) more efficiently, to enable a maximum recycling rate at the system level. You are expected to work with a group of other researchers from various disciplines and lead part-time interns to develop a web application.
You are also expected to communicate with potential users of the developed web application (technology experts, government agencies, and companies) to understand local policy and business requirements. As such, good communication and coordination skill is a plus. Finally, you are expected to publish research journal articles of relevance to the project.
- Possess a PhD degree in the fields of energy or environmental systems modelling, operations research, computer science or other related quantitative research fields
- At least 2 years of research experience in one of the fields of above
- Experience and interest in energy and environmental issues, in particular in waste recycling policies and practice, life cycle assessment, using methodologies such as optimization modelling, simulation modelling
- Published in reputable operations research, energy, environmental and/or systems modelling related journals
- Comfortable with python programming
- Have a strong written and oral command of the English language