Research Fellow, Civil And Environmental Engineering
- Perform extensive numerical modelling of groundwater flow and transport.
- Design and model laboratory scale experiments related to subsurface flow and transport.
- Design and model field scale experiments and infrastructure related to density dependent groundwater flow and transport.
- Assess field and laboratory data and interpret model results.
- Prepare technical reports.
- A PhD degree or equivalent in hydrogeology, hydrology, environmental sciences, applied mathematics or related disciplines.
- Dissertation topic and/or relevant work experience in numerical modelling of porous media flow, especially groundwater flow and density dependent transport.
- Preferred expertise in MODFLOW based modelling suite (MT3DMS, SEAWAT etc) from USGS
- Practical knowledge in numerical modelling and groundwater hydrology.
- Relevant experience in developing field and laboratory subsurface experiments.
- Hands-on experience in groundwater field experiments.
- Experience in programming in Fortran, Matlab, Python, R, etc.
- Good technical report writing and analytical skills.
- Able to work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team and willing to develop.
- Able to write research papers in English.
- Driver's license would be an extra asset.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Civil And Environmental Engineering