Research Assistant Professor
SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION
Research Assistant Professor (PR0263/20-21)
The School seeks qualified candidates who have expertise in communication, media or cultural studies who can significantly contribute to the School. The appointee is expected to conduct independent scholarly research, submit grant proposals, and engage in some teaching duties.
- doctoral degree in related disciplines;
- strong track record in teaching and research, and potentials in grants application;
- be research active;
- ability to roll out research deliverables as planned within the initial period of appointment; and
- strong research ability with a diversified profile.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of three years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk) and send in samples of publications/creative works, preferably three best ones out of their most recent publications and the latest teaching evaluation results. Applicants should also request two referees to send in confidential letters of reference, with PR number (stated above) quoted on the letters, to the Human Resources Office (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) direct. Those not being invited for interview 4 months after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All application materials including publication samples, scholarly/creative works will be disposed of after completion of the recruitment exercise. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 15 March 2021 (or until the position is filled)
More searches like this
- Communication & Media Studies Academic Posts jobs in Hong Kong
- Communication & Media Studies Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Hong Kong
- Communication & Media Studies Postdocs jobs in Hong Kong
- Communication & Media Studies Research Related jobs in Hong Kong
- Communication & Media Studies Other Research Related jobs in Hong Kong