Legal Administrative Assistant
Job Profile Legal - Legal
Contract Type Fixed Term
BPP Holdings Limited is a private education company that provides a variety of educational services and products in multiple jurisdictions. This includes the provision of professional training in fields such as accountancy and law, and the sale of education products.
BPP's in-house Legal Counsel provide advisory and practical support to a variety of departments throughout the business, and your role as the team's Administrative Assistant will primarily be to support them in doing so, with a particular focus on contract management and compliance matters.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Management of BPP's contracts (via a contract database).
- Processing requests for contract approval from the business and approaching directors for signing agreements.
- Day-to-day management of BPP's compliance procedures. This involves reviewing new supplier due diligence and making risk-based judgments when onboarding third parties.
- Managing shared mailboxes and answering queries regarding matters including the completion of supplier forms and contract signatures.
- Processing invoices.
- Working with other BPP teams on projects designed to increase the efficiency of the business.
- Undertaking legal research to assist BPP Legal Counsel, which may include research across multiple jurisdictions.
- Supporting BPP Legal Counsel with other administrative tasks when required such as letter writing, filing documents and contacting courts and tribunals.
Vacancy location UK, London, London Liverpool Street
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using software including Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on strong Excel skills, and Adobe (including PDF conversion and redaction).
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative.
- The ability to work independently and manage individual tasks.
- The ability to assist and advise people at all levels of the business both internal and external to the team, including senior executives and company directors.
The following skills and experience are preferred, but not necessary:
- Previous experience as an administrative support assistant.
- Previous experience in a legal environment.
- Previous experience dealing with compliance matters and supplier due diligence.
Contract Hours 37.50