Organization Name College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Simulation Specialist manages simulation room, supports Inter Professional Education, immersive simulation experiences, and other scheduled patient simulation learning activities and is primarily responsible for integrating, maintaining and operating the computer and audio/video (A/V) technology including the manikin and surrounding simulation lab equipment.
- Provide resources to the medical course at the College of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Ensure the successful operation of all technical aspects of the simulation training while maintaining the skills laboratories at the highest possible readiness level.
- Act as a key point of contact for simulation equipment and resolve requests pertaining to equipment, and training scenarios.
- Ensure all equipment is setup and working correctly prior to simulation training sessions.
- Conduct ongoing maintenance of all simulation equipment, including cleaning and repairing, assuring that all equipment is maintained and in good working order at all times. Maintain accurate inventory of equipment, including equipment that has been lent or moved location for a teaching event.
- Ensure the appropriate consumables are available for all teaching/examination events and maintain an accurate inventory of supplies required for each event.
- Provide recommendations for budgeting and purchase of equipment, supplies and materials.
- Assist in the ordering of new equipment and supplies.
- Interface with equipment manufacturers regarding equipment troubleshooting and system problems. Maintain record of repairs required and completed.
- Maintain relations with medical modelling and simulation companies’ for Technical Support.
- Track and log simulation specific software licenses and maintenance contracts
- Acquire and maintains skills and knowledge of simulation equipment catalogues and operation manuals
- To provide other support to the academic lead, including the preparation of reports and presentations and assisting with effective gathering, collation and dissemination of data and statistics.
- Participate in technical training as necessary.
- Be flexible and responsive to the needs of staff and students.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (e.g. Nursing or other health related discipline) or equivalent combination of education/experience in clinical simulation and/or information technology.
- Experience with health related learning technology/simulation would be an advantage.
- First aid certificate is mandatory.
A minimum (5) years of relevant experience, (2) years of which should be in teaching the relevant subject
A minimum (4) years of relevant experience, (2) years of which should be in teaching the relevant subject
How To Apply
A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)
Apply for Simulation Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly