Manager, Work Integrated Learning
Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
To realise this ambition, we recently made a significant organisation change to a six College structure with a professional staff and services alignment.
We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people and we’re seeking an outstanding individual to join the team of our transformed university.
Higher Education Officer Level 9
$113,286 - $121,223
Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning and Teaching Innovation)
Portfolio of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Students (DVCS)
Under generally unguided supervision the Manager Work Integrated Learning Operational Support takes a strong leadership role providing strategic and operational advice and support to the university community in relation to work integrated learning.
The position is primarily responsibility for working with Colleges to facilitate, coordinate and manage the university’s strategic approach to the embedding of work integrated learning into the curriculum. The Manager Work Integrated Learning provides strong people leadership managing college based staff and working closely with College Deans and CILT teams to expand and support work integrated learning opportunities for students.
Key Position Responsibilities
The Manager, Work Integrated Learning is accountable for:
- Managing and directing the resources and overall operational effectiveness of the work integrated learning support team to ensure alignment with, and support for, the strategic direction of the university including mentoring and managing the performance of all direct reports.
- Contributing to the development of and leading the establishment of new and ongoing operations of processes, systems and support services related to work integrated learning (including global mobility programs) including providing high level advice on policy, complex issues and strategic improvement opportunities.
- Overseeing development and delivery of professional development in relation to work integrated learning to ensure alignment with the strategic direction of the university.
- Working effectively with the Associate Director, Online Learning and Teaching, the Associate Director Educational Quality and academic developers to ensure strong links between work integrated processes and approaches, learning and teaching developments, educational design and course quality.
- Managing and ensuring information on the University’s work integrated learning provisions, processes and relationships is accurate and relevant.
- Critically analysing trends and outcomes in work integrated learning to improve and expand work integrated learning opportunities for students.
- Assessing changes to higher education legislative environment to identify and enact key changes to work integrated learning processes.
- Maintaining strong relationships and working effectively with professional and academic staff within the Colleges, CILT and other service delivery areas (e.g. Flinders International, Information and Digital Services; Student Administration Services) to improve support and outcomes related to work integrated learning.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with relevant external stakeholders to support and expand work integrated learning opportunities and approaches.
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the role as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Key Position Capabilities
- A relevant post graduate degree and experience in work integrated learning operational support or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- Extensive senior leadership experience in relation to work integrated learning in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of relevant legislative requirements, standards and trends and ability to translate these into actions.
- Extensive knowledge of the opportunities, challenges and processes related to work integrated learning in education.
- High order management skills in leading a team to its full potential which includes strong interpersonal and relationship management skills and the ability to manage staff performance.
- Significant experience in successfully delivering significant educational initiatives, utilising best practice project management principles, where change management principles and processes were applied.
- High level written communication skills including extensive experience in independently preparing briefing papers, reports with recommendations and presentations for complex and sensitive issues.
- Advanced level of strategic thinking, planning and analytical skills.
- A high level of interpersonal influence and demonstrated ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with stakeholders across the organisation to drive continual improvement in educational quality.
- Proven demonstrated ability to work with independent judgement and initiative in devising and implementing practical and economical solutions to complex problems within broad guidelines.
For application enquiries please contact: Professor Deborah West
Please note: Pursuant to Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (SA) this position has been deemed prescribed. It is an inherent requirement of the position that the successful candidate maintains a current Working With Children Check which is satisfactory to the University.
Information for Applicants:
You are required to provide a suitability statement of no more than three pages, addressing the key capabilities of the position as outlined above. In addition, you are required to upload your CV.
A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders descent to apply.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications Close 11:59 pm:
08 Mar 2021