Student Records Officer
Job Profile Administration - Student Records
Contract Type Fixed Term
The Student Records Officer is responsible for assisting the Head of Student Records (Records &Funding) in maintaining students’ records from the point of registration to conferment of award and assisting with resolution of student queries.
- Maintaining the student record
- Monitoring and processing changes to the student record from staff, faculty and other departments within the University.
- Maintaining an accurate, central record of information relating to students including personal details, attendance, identification and qualifications documentation, correspondence etc and any changes to registration details.
Attendance and Progress
- The accurate monitoring, management and reporting of interruptions of study, transfers, suspensions and withdrawals
- The monitoring and reporting of student attendance to the relevant Deans of School and Directors of Programmes and external bodies, including the UKBA, BSB, Student Finance England etc
- The re-registering students progressing from one year/section of their course to another
- The monitoring of student module choices and the creation of student groups on the Student Records Database.
- Reporting on student data including registration, organisational membership, student cohort make-up, progression etc to Heads of Departments, senior management, HESA,
- Student Finance England, UKBA, OfS and other professional bodies.
- Creating and developing basic reports, using appropriate end user tools;
- Attendance monitoring
- The development of reports in conjunction with the Management Information Officer
Department Registry Operations - Student Records
Vacancy location UK, London, London Liverpool Street
- Knowledge of the Higher Education Sector
- Excellent attention to detail
- Administrative experience, preferably in the education sector
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to successfully multi-task
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Proactive, with the ability to work within a team
- Self-motivated with an ability to thrive under pressure
- Customer-focused with the ability to communicate at all levels with internal and external
- Good track record of GDPR compliance
- Ideally the candidate will be educated to a degree level – however applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered
- Knowledge of Tier 4 immigration legislation with regards to enrolment and attendance
- Knowledge of Banner or a similar student information system
- Experience of working with a recognised Student Records Database
- Experience of working with/adapting to change
Contract Hours 37.50
Salary Up to 25,000