Instructor, Food Science and Technology
The Department of Food Science & Technology at the National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for Instructor position.
Roles and responsibilities of the position include:
- developing the contents for FST5199B and validate the experiments through a dry run;
- coordinating and arranging training plans for students taking FST5199B by liaising with respective PIs ;
- purchasing, installing and maintaining needed small instruments for FST5199B (pH meter, plate-reader, stirrer, electrophoresis system, HPLC, and other items that are needed for the FST5199B experiments;
- providing consultation and hands-on demonstration of experimental skills for FST5199B students;
- grading student lab reports for FST5199B;
- revising experiments when need arise
- serving as Instructor in other FST modules (such as running FST1101 tutorials).
- developing /organizing summer training programme or short lab training courses to public.
What we can offer: competitive salary that commensurates with experience plus CPF, annual leave & performance bonus.
Contract term: Three years in first instance, renewable.
PhD degree in food science and technology with broad set of hands-on experimental skills related to food chemistry, food processing, food analysis, and cell and molecular biology. Strong interpersonal skills and passionate in teaching.