Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Dean's Office, Medicine
3 days left
- Full Time
The Lecturer or Senior Lecturer will be working at the NUS Centre for Biomedical Ethics on the CENTRES (Clinical Ethics Network + Research Ethics Support) project. Funded by the Ministry of Health, CENTRES is a networking and training platform to enhance capabilities of healthcare professionals and the specialized ethics committees in Singapore. The position is for one year, with the possibility of annual renewal for up to two more years if performance is satisfactory. The job holder will report to Dr Sumytra Menon, CENTRES Co-Director.
The job holder is expected to:
- Build expertise on and keep abreast of current research in clinical and/or transplant ethics consistent with the work of CENTRES.
- Work with the programme director and other colleagues on the design, development and implementation of blended and online modules, and other learning activities, in clinical and transplant ethics. This will include:
- Curriculum design and development of learning materials
- Web-based learning integration
- Conducting in-person and remote training and/or trainer evaluation
- Preparing training packages containing online modules and case-based materials for external institutions in-house staff training purposes
- Soliciting internal and external peer review of learning materials developed and collating the same
- Refining learning materials based on peer reviews, research, other feedback and observations
- Review and research effectiveness and impact of learning activities
- Serve as an observer or member on a clinical ethics committee, using experiences to inform the design of learning activities.
- Grow the CENTRES network through outreach to members of the specialized ethics committees, professional bodies and affiliated institutions.
- Prepare the content of monthly news reports and analysis updating CENTRES members on current clinical and research ethics issues.
- Communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, internal and external, regarding our learning activities and materials.
- Perform other related duties incidental to this job description.
You will have:
- A PhD in a field relevant to the above activities, including but not limited to: bioethics, law, philosophy, nursing, theology, anthropology and sociology; or, a professional degree in medicine or law with formal training or extensive practical experience in bioethics. (Please note that exceptional candidates with a Masters degree and/or certain work experience may also be considered).
- The ability to teach topics in clinical ethics, and/or transplant ethics.
- Research record on topics in one of the following: clinical ethics, and/or transplant ethics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- The ability to work independently to manage academic and associated activities, including the ability to work towards deadlines.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)