Senior Research Fellow/Research Fellow, Social Service Research Centre
3 days left
- Full Time
Social Service Research Centre (SSR) at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore (NUS), would like to invite suitable candidates to apply for a full‐time position as Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow. The appointment will be for a period of 2 years at the first instance, with the possibility of renewal.
Since April 2015, SSR has been creating change through impactful social service research and capability development. We are dedicated to promote and test social innovations and help evolve a new social service infrastructure for Singapore's next phase of social development. As the only entity dedicated to research on social interventions in Singapore, SSR is the focal point of rigorous applied research, working in tandem with social service leaders in government, civil society, and private philanthropic institutions to critic, test-bed and facilitate large-scale, community-based service innovations through a variety of methods including programme evaluation and social analytics.
The (Senior) Research Fellow will join a dynamic multi-disciplinary team, and have the opportunity to work with academics, field practitioners, government and non-governmental agencies in a variety of research projects.
He/She is expected to contribute to the Centre’s growing range of research projects, research training programs, research dissemination activities, and capability development of the social service sector. He/She will also join SSR’s research project on “In-Work Poverty among the Young” funded by Social Science Thematic Research Grant, to oversee the data collection, cleaning and analysis of the survey data.
The candidate should possess the following:
- A Ph.D. from a recognized university in a Social Science, Social Policy, Program Evaluation or related discipline;
- An aptitude for and relevant experience in collaborative as well as independent applied social science research;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Strong research and publication record, and familiarity with Singapore’s social service sector an advantage;
- At least two years of relevant quantitative research leadership a preference.
Interested applicants should include the following documents in their application:
- Cover letter and Resume (outlining your research interest, qualifications, expected salary and publications if any)
- A writing sample (Published paper, thesis or research article)
- Personal particulars form
- NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants
- Copies of degree scrolls and transcript of grades
- Recommendation letters from 3 referees
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
Department: Social Service Research Centre