Research Fellow, School of Population and Global Health
School of Population and Global Health
- 12 month fixed-term, part-time (0.4 FTE) appointment
- Salary: Level B: $100,374 - $118,776 per annum plus superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
The School of Population & Global Health (SPGH) at The University of Western Australia is a research-intensive academic organisation giving material expression of the belief that excellence in research underpins excellence in education and community partnerships.
The School has a reputation for an evidence-based approach to research and education that influences policy and practice development. SPGH aspires to be a school in which staff and students feel valued and supported in their individual and collective efforts to improve community health and wellbeing.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under general direction, provide support and assistance to Dr Barbara Nattabi and undertake research and administrative activities. You must be motivated to conduct research and contribute to the academic environment of the School of Population & Global Health generally.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- PhD in public health or related discipline
- Competency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Well-developed organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant qualitative and quantitative research experience at an appropriate level
- Competency in literature/scoping/systematic reviews
- Experience in Aboriginal health and sexual health is highly desirable
Full details of the position responsibilities are outlined in the position description.
In preparing your application, you are asked to submit a cover letter, address the selection criteria in the position description and upload your CV along with copies of your education certificates.
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Closing date: Tuesday, 9 March 2021
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.