Research Officer/Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Institute for Health and Sport
Academic A - Research Officer - $68,026 - $92,312 or Academic B - Research Fellow - $97,176 - $115,396 per annum (pro-rata), plus 17% employer superannuation contribution. These two positions are part-time (29.4 hours per week) 2 year fixed term appointments.
NHMRC Project “epigenetic biomarkers of healthy ageing for targeted exercise interventions”
The Institute for Health and Sport (iHeS)is seeking to recruit a skilled and passionate research officer or post-doctoral researcher to progress the development and evaluation of assistive technologies and provide academic research excellence in the NHMRC Project “epigenetic biomarkers of healthy ageing for targeted exercise interventions”. The project will interrogate the DNA-associated molecules and physiology of large cohorts of ageing males and females to identify molecular signatures associated with healthy ageing and exercise in males and females.
The Research Officer or Research Fellow will ensure that the project is conducted to the highest standard. The position will be based at Victoria University’s iHeS facility at Footscray Park but may also require travel to other campuses and The University of Melbourne at Parkville, our partner in this project.
You will have:
- Knowledge and Training equivalent to a PhD qualification in genetics/epigenetics, biochemistry, molecular and cell biology.
- Demonstrated excellent research publication record.
- Experience in cell and molecular biological techniques such as PCR, Western blotting, ELISA, RNA-sequencing, epigenetic array/sequencing, cell culture and miRNA array.
- Experience in bioinformatics (preferably DNA methylation, RNA-seq, or proteomics), and in R coding.
- Demonstrated capacity for undertaking independent and/or team research, including developing, conducting and leading research projects.
- Demonstrated track record of successful research grants.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to work effectively in an interdisciplinary environment and contribute to the work of the research team.
You will work closely with Professor Nir Eynon and other discipline-specific iHeS staff. For further information contact Professor Nir Eynon (Nir.Eynon@vu.edu.au).
How to apply:
For a Position Description and to submit an application please visit our website www.vu.edu.au/jobs
Applications must be submitted as ONE PDF document comprising;
- A comprehensive cover letter
- Your CV
- Your responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description
Please note: Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: 9.00 am Monday, March 1st, 2021