Research Fellow, Natural Language Processing and Finance
Position: Research Fellow (Natural Language Processing and Finance)
The National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Fellow (two-year contract; renewable for another two-year period) in the Department of Information Systems and Analytics, School of Computing (SoC). SoC is strongly committed to research excellence in all dimensions.
As a Research Fellow, you will work on information extraction, knowledge graph construction, and textual reasoning, and apply these NLP techniques on financial text corpora with the goal of elucidating the knowledge present in the financial documents. Your scope of work includes: proposing solutions to research problems; converting conceptual and algorithmic solutions into code; preparing, cleaning, and aggregating data; designing and running experiments; analyzing data and experimental results with scientific methods; interfacing with research collaborators; and publishing research outcomes in top-tier conferences/journals. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, starting immediately, and will be accepted until the position is filled. For full consideration, we recommend that you apply early.
- Competent in natural language processing, deep learning and machine learning algorithms.
- A good track record of scientific publications in relevant fields.
- Strong programming skills in Python and deep learning packages (e.g., PyTorch).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Knowledge of finance is advantageous, but not required.
- PhD degree in a relevant area (computer science, statistics, engineering, information systems, mathematics, etc.). Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience.