Clinical Research Coordinator Associate
This recruitment is for up to two (2) positions.
Stanford University is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator Associate (CRCA) in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Infectious Diseases to work in the Maldonado Lab. The person in the position will perform duties related to the coordination of clinical studies. Coordinate moderately complex aspects of one or more clinical studies. Work under close direction of the principal investigator and/or study coordinator/supervisor.
- Serve as primary contact with research participants, sponsors, and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate studies from startup through close-out. Determine eligibility of and gather consent from study participants according to protocol.
- Assist in developing recruitment strategies.
- Coordinate collection of study specimens and processing. Collect and manage patient and laboratory data for clinical research projects.
- Manage research project databases, develop flow sheets and other study related documents, and complete study documents/case report forms.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit case report forms for completion and accuracy with source documents.
- Prepare regulatory submissions, and ensure institutional
- Review Board renewals are completed. Monitor expenditures and adherence to study budgets and resolve billing issues in collaboration with finance and/or management staff.
- Interact with the principal investigator regularly, ensuring patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and research data in appropriate files per institutional and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in monitor visits and regulatory audits.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Bachelor degree in a science related filed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two-year college degree and two years related work experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of related education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical Research Professionals certification is preferred.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Additional PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Occasional evening and weekend hours.
Additional WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4924
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 88317