- Full Time
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of NUS invite applications for two Research Engineers in Geophysics and Petroleum Geosciences. The successful applicants will participate in active research for CO2 sequestration options in ASEAN region. This position requires strong collaboration with researchers from multiple institutes and disciplines.
The Department has established a new Petroleum Engineering Programme to strengthen education and research in disciplines of importance to the upstream oil and gas industry. This initiative will complement our active education and research programme in Offshore Engineering and Subsea Engineering in NUS.
The Centre for Offshore Research & Engineering (CORE), hosted by the Faculty of Engineering, is the key node for the Maritime Institute @ National University of Singapore, and is a focal point for the Offshore Technology research that is strongly supported by the national agencies and leading companies.
- Master’s degree in Geophysics, Mathematics or related fields.
- Strong motivation to work independently on challenging scientific and engineering problems.
- General curiosity, critical thinking, and ability to identify valuable research topics.
- Strong communication skills, ability to write well and a good research record.
- Ability to carry out complex assignments including in-depth assessment, interpretation and evaluation of research outcomes.
- Experience in one or more of the disciplines, such as rock physics, geophysics, reservoir characterization, petrophysics, and related areas would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with programming and inversion techniques is required.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Civil And Environmental Engineering